Tuesday, August 30, 2005

LITTLE ELMO (nome de plume) MEETS CINDY!

f
Little Elmo, one of our visitors here, with Cindy Sheehan!

By Elaine Meinel Supkis

One of our regular visitors told us all he was going to Crawford to help out with the Peace camp there and here is his story with lots of neat pictures: Blind in Texas: (this blog is run by a vet, by the way)
Blogumentary: Camp Casey II, August 27, 2005
My alarm went off at 5am, and I leapt out of bed. After a quick shower I packed a light bag, kissed the wife and kids, and headed out of Austin toward Crawford. It took an hour and forty minutes to get to the Crawford city limit sign. Just a few miles past that on the right is Crawford Peace House...

f

There are many pictures, some touching, a good record of the place. For example, I didn't know about the peace maze which is laid out with stones and one can walk through it before going to the crosses which are dedicated to those who have died for this folly.

A good idea to seperate the experience of wandering about and then focusing on something important. Indeed, his description of the meetings and how things are run are very interesting. This is a well run outfit. I have run multi-day demonstrations before such as the 2 month one in front of the UN in 1989 and I am in awe with the sensible and well designed way of doing things at this camp.

I really wish I could pop in, too.

But we all can do this in the cyber-world!

This story was also carried by Wimpling Wings, another blogger who visits here and who is a great read, I visit her site daily. Just the art alone is worth many a click!

Keep you chins up, everyone! We must stick together!

Rough seas ahead.

To return to homepage click here
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home